Closer to reopening.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by drppdyllwrngr, Feb 12, 2012.

1. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

I'm getting close to being able to reopen my little side upholstery business. As you may recall, the garage that came with our house had been stripped of the wiring leaving me a large building and no electricity. So after weighing my options, I decided having a second meter would be the best route to go. I talked to an electrician who I have done work for in the past (through the shop I work for). We struck a deal. Rewired the whole front side, new lights, outlets, switches, etc. Passed inspection, deposits made to the power company. Now I wait for them to come run the under ground service.

So in the mean time, I've been rearranging and building a work table so I have a place to work.

Sorry, no pics of what it started out as.

Removed a work bench and moved to another wall:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

by opening up that wall, it allowed me to build a big work/sewing table. basically, it's 8'x8', and almost 3' tall.

starting to lay out:
    [​IMG]

almost done framing:
    [​IMG]

bottom shelf for material storage:
    [​IMG]

finished for now:
    [​IMG]

need to find some material to cover the top, and to make curtains for the sides to keep stuff clean. works out well. can still pull a car/truck in and swing both doors open, and it gives me more than enough table space to do a headliner, or so seats covers.

and because i know you guys enjoy looking at cars, here is some of my recent work.

69 camaro ss convert. i put the top on:
    naked:
    [​IMG]

getting there:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

almost done:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

leaving!
    [​IMG]

a toy box i built/covered for my kids:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a 55 pontiac 2 door hard top we've been working on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Great work everywhere man!!!

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

looks good man i may have clinton pick me up a couple more things and get you to recover them for me as soon as you reopen.....

5. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

some small things i can do anytime. i have temp power out there (in the form of an extension cord from the house......) but progress energy should have me going in the next week or two.

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

that's fine it'll probably be in the spring or a little later before i can get them....

7. very nice work man!!

8. ob269

ob269 New Member

Looks great dude! All the cars look ****in fabulous!

9. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Nice!

I'm jealous of the underground power!

10. OP
    drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr Member

I couldn't believe how cheap it was. $170 for a 100' (maybe a little more) run. i couldn't have ran a line from the house meter to the garage for near that price. i've got a lot more money tied up in the electrician (well, trading work for work) than anything.