carhartt jackets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mcdonald58, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

does anyone have a carhartt jacket. tractor supply has them on sale at my local store. im thinking of getting this one http://www.tractorsupply.com/-702218499i need one that can take the cold michigan winters.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I got one of the TSC brand jackets last year & I love it... GE Schmidt I believe.
    Basically the same as carhart... except it was half the price :thumbsup:

Super warm, waterproof & it's actually softer than the carharts they had.

Next time I'm at TSC I'm gonnna see if they have any left & I might grab another one to keep in the vehicles (just in case)

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i got one just about like that a couple of years ago for the old lady for christmas i have worn it a few times and love it.... i think it would be money well spent

5. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i think im going to go back to the store tomorrow and try them on and find out when the sale ends. they look like really nice made jackets and theyre made in america which makes it worth the money. the sale they have going on is awesome. its one of the after Christmas sales that is apparently the managers special.

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

if the sale goes off before you get the cash you can get on dungarees.net and get one for about the same price....

7. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

wow thanks for that site klinger. they have some awesome deals.

8. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

Not a problem iirc the shipping is pretty cheap aswell.

9. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

I've had a longer coat for about four years, best, warmest coat I've ever had.
    I was all about Down filler until I tried a Carhart.

10. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that's a good deal on the carhartt. i've had a "walls" jacket for a couple years now that is great for the cold, think it was $40 at Kmart.

11. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

not all carhartt's are made in america, i bought a black carhartt hoodie a couple years ago, and its made in honduras

12. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Yea I have a hat that's foreign made but on the coats there's a tag saying American made.

13. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Today TSC had 30% off what few jackets they had left in stock... carhart & ge schmidt

I grabbed a dark brown GE Schmidt today that's a little lighter weight than my other one for about $50 :D

... now I need more closet space ...

14. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i got 2 of the old school carhartts with the old grayish wool like lining, one has a zipper and the other is a button up, i love them both