Bigger Motor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BBLoom, Jul 1, 2012.

1. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

Hey all, what is the biggest motor you have seen put in a ranger with enough room to put suspension travel in? I have access to a older but in perfect shape small block ford V8. Will it fit?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

302s are the most common. seen a 4.6 get started once in an early 90's, but they're a wide bitch and i never saw the end result. my buddy had a 347 stroker in his beamed truck. the 4.6 and 347 were both desert race trucks with nothing from the firewall forward except frame, tube, and fiberglass

4. OP
    BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

I have heard about the 302. I think thats the direction I would like to go with

5. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

one guy stuffed a 6.0l powerstroke in one. only had to extend the frame and hack up his inner fenders. but the truck was crazy fast on the strip

6. OP
    BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

That sounds super fun but I would like to maintain the structural integrity of the engine bay haha

7. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De4eos0RfE8[/ame]

8. OP
    BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

Thats just nutty

9. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

the 351W fits but it does need some trimming on some aspects. I believe the heat and AC of Hvac has to go for it to fit with stock frame and firewall placement but I only read on it briefly and only saw the end result of it