Battery too dead?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Toutatis_Moralis, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Toutatis_Moralis

Toutatis_Moralis New Member

I have a 01 ranger with the 4L for 5 years now. Its been sitting in my backyard because the driver's seat had been ripped off the floor since well there is no florr to hold it anymore. I didn't have any money so i just had to left it there to rot.

Now i'm working on it because i need it to work on my friend's homestead. I "redid" the floor with some galvanised steel and fabricated a support on which i welded the seat. I changed the oil and now i'm ready to start it.

The battery read 0.6V so it obviously not doing anything but even if i jump start it nothing happens. I put the negative clamp on the frame to try to recharge the battery but no matter what i do the light in the cluster dont even lights up.

I know i should buy another battery but i'm not sure if it will solve my problem since with the power of my other car nothing happens.

I forgot to rescrew a ground under the seat so i just ducktaped it to the seat support is this why nothing happens when i try to jump start it?

Please help me. I need to sell it but before that it need to start..

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jamey E

Jamey E Member

You could try swapping the battery off your car to see if your truck will start, but most likely the battery is too far gone

4. Efisher26

Efisher26 New Member

If the batt is really dead it can “steal” the amps needed to start the vehicle. Prob need a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk