Bad Battery cause Engine to stall?

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by TomN, Oct 15, 2009.

1. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

I'm new to this site and I really don't know to much about cars so I'm looking for some help. I took it to a auto shop for this about a month ago and a week before a crash the truck, so its been sitting in a Auto Body shop for about 3 weeks. I got the truck back from the shop last friday, finished the repairs at home on Saturday and I've been driving it since then. It did this before I crashed it but it would seem to have gotten worse. The truck got a tune-up and I've been putting fuel injector cleaner in when I fuel up like the place said and my truck still stalls on me. It stall most of the time when I'm sitting at a red light or come to a stop. When I come to a stop the RPMS drop really low, and the truck will shake, and stall. Sometimes the RPMS will shoot back up or if I rev the engine the RPMs will go back up and the shaking will stop. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

It's a 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ssbrownsr

ssbrownsr New Member

gas problem?

Just a thought, but when you are stopping the gas could be moving back and forth in the tank stirring up water. Not keeping the tank full lets condensation on the sides of the tank build up water. Try a gas additive that removes water and change the fuel filter. It may not help the stalling but it wouldn't hurt to try. I assume you don't have a code reader, I found one on craig's list for my 93 for only 20 bucks. good luck