Backpressure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greenmachine2000, Feb 14, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

well i have a y pipe id like to put on but only concern is losing backpressure, how much will it lose if any?? i got a 2 inch down pipe going to gibson single inlet, to dual outlet, i have all the pieces to complete this just have to get question answered to decide if i wanna do it, or sell it.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Idk if this sounds right but I have a 3" connecting the flange and exhaust the goes to 2 1/4" and the tips come out at 3.5"

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

oh crap numbers, i was never good at these things. mine goes 2 to 1 3/4 duals i think?

5. If you take the cats and muffler off, you'll lose most of your backpressure, which will kill your gas mileage.

6. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

hell weld it and see how it goes

7. OP
    greenmachine2000

im leaving both cats on just switching out muffler for y pipe, still killing? if i get a million yesses im selling it lol

8. In that case, no. You'll be fine.

9. OP
    greenmachine2000

id post a pic of it but hold on damien edit time lol

10. lol Alright

11. OP
    greenmachine2000

TADA I CAN USE PAINT!

[​IMG]

12. Yeah, you'll be good

13. OP
    greenmachine2000

i wonder who i can convince to weld this up, i already know truck will sound good :)

14. Bring it over here and my buddy will do it for you. He needs work and could use the money.

15. OP
    greenmachine2000

i just dont want it sounding like a droaning ricer on highway

16. OP
    greenmachine2000

i think the local shop could do it if i bug them. lol

17. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I got hedman headers that came with a new OEM style y-pipe. I gutted my cat and ran 3" single into a flowmaster super 44 with dual 2.5" straight out the back into 3.5" SS Silverline tips and I've had absolutely no problem with backpressure.

18. OP
    greenmachine2000

sweet i might get this welded up sometime next week then.

19. OP
    greenmachine2000