Axel wrap ... Bad!!!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Black mamba, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Like the post says lol, I knew this was a problem when I did my SL. But it DESTROYED my pinion seal and not to mention the crazy looks I get when putting my truck into drive ... What would be a cheap way to eliminate this and save my pinion !? I lOoked at roadmaster active suspension but there not exactly "cheap" Any suggestions ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Could this be my truck telling me it's time for expo leafs and shackles ?

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

What exactly is it doing? I have a pinion seal leaker but no noise. Just the angle of the drive shaft doing it?

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

6. camodown

camodown Member

I have james duff bars, no problems

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

We wants them!

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

:thumbsup: Glad I could be of service!

9. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

traction bars like the others said. you could get the james duff ones or make some custom ones with a heim at each end for a bit more flex and some stronger parts.

10. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I think the James duff are the way to go, seeing as I drive the truck once a week now lol

11. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

I want a set of the duff ones...but the 300 dollar ones just cuz they look cooler

12. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

DITCH the double block GARBAGE. Keep the 2.5, but add a Belltech 6400 shackle and a short AAL. Those two will replace that SL block and give the same ride height. I saw 1.5" lift from each. OR....get expo leafs and shackle for a better ride and same ride height. Don't forget new U-bolts 'cause the SL's are crazy long.

The Duff baby bars will work fine for what they are....but I find, I still hop pretty crazy. Gotta love a manual and a locker. lol. Don't get me wrong, the Duff Bars everyone gets are great units and do a decent job, but with the weaker spring rate Expos for softer ride, the leaves don't help with the pinion pivoting . Ever since the Expo install, I've removed the bars 'cause I ran out of U-bolt threads. I've got the Duff long arm bars from a BII I hope to adapt to my Ranger, but will likely never get around to it. I'll probably fab a bar with a shackle and heim instead.