auto windows

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by hazard-maine, Jun 29, 2012.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

okay so what makes the auto down function on my windows work, is it the switch or something else that makes it do that, because i want to put it in the passanger window

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. should be the switch as the drivers side sw. is different from the passenger sw.

4. OP
    hazard-maine

so if i take the switch from a drive side and put it in the passenger side would it would?

5. my guess would be yes, there maybe a wire that needs to be jumped for continous power to that part of the sw. but if you got a jy switch laying around I dont see it hurting anything to try it that way . generally the connections are made up inside the switch so I really think it would work when you press the window button all the way down

6. OP
    hazard-maine

im gonna go to a junk yard and grab a few switchs and see because i hate it when i put both windows down while driving i press one and its auto goes down but i still have to hold the other one

7. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Seems like there's a control box a little bigger than a relay that works the auto up/down function. I think tauruses & maybe crown vics have the modules.

8. rwenzing

rwenzing Bob

No, that won't work. The 2002 autodown DS window is controlled by the GEM module. You can add auto down on the PS (and even auto up on both windows) by wiring in early 90's Taurus module(s).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296394/2002-ford-ranger-regular-cab/page-22

9. I guess they could not make it that easy lol sorry Andrew

10. OP
    hazard-maine

damnit thats way too much work to be done to have auto windows

11. rwenzing

rwenzing Bob

It's actually quite easy to add the PS autodown. Just 5 wires from the JY module tapped into the Ranger door harness. I've done this conversion in a parking lot at a Ranger meet.

12. OP
    hazard-maine

the hardest part is finding them at jy around me