approaching 100K miles.

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by 06FordFX4, Mar 3, 2013.

1. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

what should I be replacing when I hit the 100,000 mile mark?

anything specific that is recommended?

06 4.0 SOHC 4x4.

i bought the truck used, with 70,000 miles on it. no idea what has been previously done.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

change every fluid and filter, look over the truck extremely well, check all brake lines/hoses, run some seafoam through it, and tune it up

4. OP
    06FordFX4

will do.
    no specifics though? i know some vehicles parts are recommended to be replaces at certain mileage due to wear.

5. djfllmn

No specifics that I can think of

6. OP
    06FordFX4

ok cool.
    I think the trans fluid and t.case fluid should be fine as they just did that 3 months ago. so diffs, typical oil change, filters, etc.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This and plugs/wires if you havent done them

8. OP
    06FordFX4

no idea when plugs and wires were done, guess i should do them just to be safe.

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

supposedly the plugs for the newer vehicles can go to 100k before needing changed

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Wouldnt hurt, they are cheap enough

11. OP
    06FordFX4

yeah not expensive.

pretty eacy to change on the 4.0 sohc?

12. djfllmn

its not bad if you go through the wheel wells...i had the ford dealer do mine

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

yup very. Driver side you can get from the top, passenger side, pull the wheel off and go through the fender well.

14. OP
    06FordFX4

sounds like to much work in the cold lol.
    ill just see what the dealer will charge.

15. Diablo

Diablo New Member

dont forget to change out the brake fluid too, the darker the fluid means the more moisture that is in it and that's bad

16. OP
    06FordFX4

will remember to check that

17. Maxken

Maxken New Member

Im in Colorado too and have a bug eye. I know where I can get a cheap Midget but was wondering what was your range? Did you do the work yourself?