anyone know factory radios?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by RoadRanger, Apr 15, 2012.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i bought a factory dual media radio a while back at the junkyard, and it worked great for about two weeks. then, all of a sudden, it decided it wouldin't eject my CD. it'll still play it fine, and i can hear the little motor trying to eject it, but it won't come out.

does anyone know how i might be able to fix it? i really liked that radio

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

maybe smack it and say HEY give me back my cd you **** if that doesnt work then idk

4. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

try to unplug your battery for 10 mins and then replug it, I read somewhere that this should eject any stuck CD, it seems to happen a lot to the factory 6 CD changers in the ranger.

5. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

take it apart and make sure to remember how to put it back together

6. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I vote try your dardest to get your CD out and drop the cash on a quality aftermarket unit. Doesn't need to be fancy or expensive or anything. Quality and overall sound ends up way better than stock, features KILL stock's features, and usually they play mp3 cd's, have aux inputs, and a great number of them even have built-in ipod controls. Not to mention the adjustable EQ's.

You bought a stock head unit from a junkyard..... stock they don't last long anyhow.

True...but it seems it's an issue with what actually spits the cd out. If he did disconnect the battery(or simply remove the radio bezel to unplug the head unit), it would do exactly what it's doing now.

This.