Anyone Else Wear Boots?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by El Camino Man, Jan 17, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hello Everyone! I am a boot wearer. I made the change in high school from tennis shoes to boots and havent went back since! But I am having problems with my boots. They have been wearing terribly! I usually buy some WalMart brand $50 boots and they usually last between 6 months and a year. Everyone was saying I needed some more expensive ones and theyd last longer. So I splurged on a pair of Ariats. They broke down in 6 months! I was PO! So I went back to WalMart brand and theyve been lasting roughly 6 months still... Does anyone have a brand they love? I want some comfy boots that last more than a year.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i order my work boots from galls i'll find a link to the ones i wear worn them about a year and the sole and stuff still have plenty od meat left to them.... the only problem i have with boots is i wear out the inside alot faster than i wear out the sole and outer.... i generally wear bates boots.... but have heard good things about several others that galls carries.....

http://www.galls.com/style-SP931-ge...8-inch-individual-comfort-system-zipper-boots

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

12" Redwing steeltoe cowboys ONLY

5. Carolina Loggers. They have screws in the soles so they don't fall apart. I've had mine for the better part of a year, and after wearing them every day they still have a little tread left on em. They're great

6. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

I wear redwing steeltoe boots at work and rocky steeltoe boots at home or when im in the yard.

7. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

redwing boots

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Ive had my wolverines for like three years now, granted I only really wear them at work but they are awesome

9. 2004 fx4 level2

2004 fx4 level2 04 fx4 level II

that's the name i couldn't think of, wolverines they're good too

10. nicksranger01

nicksranger01 New Member

back when i was in the machine shop i had Doc Martins, lasted for 2 years with all sorts of **** spilled on them and they were comfy, but they were $200 for a pair

11. 96 mills ranger

96 mills ranger New Member

I have a pair of chippewa boots the best boot iv ever worn. The key is buy boots that are make in the USA all that import stuff sucks. In my opinion your better of investing a couple hundred bucks on some good boots that il last.

12. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

my next pair will be some Danners

13. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Redwing logger/linesman boots, great for work in the snow.

Gotta get another pair for everyday wear

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Para trooper boots for work, laced permanantly, zipped up the sides

15. TurdFX4

TurdFX4 Schuylkill Countys Finest

caterpillar's for Lowe's
    red wings for KPP

16. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i bought a pair of wolverine steel toes over a year ago, and they still feel like new :)

17. shovelmike

shovelmike New Member

Red Wing

Another vote for Red Wing, shop carefully, half are made in China and poorly made. I have worn the American made Wings for decades, they last me 7-8 years of very rough dirty work. For work I choose the lace up work boots, with a pair of Western style's slip-ons for motorcycle gear. After 7 or 8 years the soles got worn, and the factory resoled them for $60.
    You get what you pay for, not cheap....$130 or so, but the longevity makes them pay for themselves in the long run.

18. RangerMan88

RangerMan88 RangA RolliN

I also wear Wolverine Steel Toe's at work, thats a lot of walking each day, and I have had them for almost 2 years they are still in decent shape..

19. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I went to a few places yesterday and tried on some boots. I talked to a guy at our local farm store and he gave me tons of info. He said the reason why my old Ariats wore out was because they wernt work boots... makes sense. So he pointed out 4 or 5 pair of good work boots and I tried em on. Out of Ariats, Redwings, Timberlines and a few other brands, the Ariats were DEFINITLY the most comfy! Closely followed by another brand of which name I forgot (but its a big name brand). I was thoroughly impressed. Only thing is they would have to last at least a year and a half to make it worth it (WalMart brand lasts 6 monthsish at $50 a pair and these were $160). Im tryin to convince my grandma to get em [​IMG]

20. bell blue raider

bell blue raider New Member

I just switched over from a pair of brahma from wal mart to justin work boots, the brahma were $40 and lasted just over a year. The justin work boots cost 170 and were highly recommended by others at jobsites