Ammo Shortage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by klinger86, Feb 12, 2013.

1. TurdFX4

TurdFX4 Schuylkill Countys Finest

Nice. I've been wanting to get a SR9C for my girlfriend to carry.

Anyways, my friend went to Dunham's Sports yesterday. He ended up talking to some " fat bitch " (thats what he referred to her as) and she said that she goes around to different stores buying all the 9mm, 22LR and 7.62mm she can find and she turns around and sells it at her yard sale (lol) for triple what she paid for it.

He told her shes part of the reason why there is an ammo shortage and it hurts the people who actually want to go out and shoot and use the ammo and not just try to profit from it. She said shes just trying to make money, he told her to get a job

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

wut a bitch, i have been looking for some .22LR at walmart for some time, and nothing, i have to end up going to the shooting range to find my ammo

4. TurdFX4

went to cabelas today, ammo selection was mediocre at best

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Next time you go shoot me a text, I need more!

6. TurdFX4

Do you want to go with next time?

7. TurdFX4

I got 2-100 rounds boxes of american eagle .40 today at Dunham's

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Depends on when you go....I have a ****ty schedule at work

9. TurdFX4

When would you want to go? I'm off during the days but I've been working 6:30-11:30 at night mon-tues-weds... I won't go near the place on the weekends

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Shoot me a text when you can.....I took alot of time off this month from work but I plan on doing the coilover swap then too

11. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Ammo is starting to show up alot more frequently.... the Gov't must've got their 20yr supply filled so now the commoners can buy theirs. lol.

.223/5.56, .22, .40, etc are starting to become more plentiful and gun shops are lowering the gauging, but a 20rd box of plinker .223 is still $15 at most gun shops. $7-8 at sporting good stores. Oh, it's also nice seeing walls full of AR's at somewhat normal prices again.

12. fomoco

fomoco Moderator

nice, i might have to restock for my .22LR 1911, i still have over half a box of 525 rds of .22LR... can never have too much, also might be looking to pick up a nice little ruger .380LCP

13. OP
    klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah I can get tula for around 10 for a box of 20 and if I get lucky enough to find it I could get 500 rounds for around 150 at wallyworld....

14. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

525...that's cute. HAHA! UGH I need to go shooting!!!!! These two ammo boxes are getting DAMN heavy.

Have you held an LCP? I just can't get comfortable with it in my hand....nor can I get confident. Try a LC9 or LC380. Slightly bigger but still considered a pocket gun, yet smaller than my sometimes large for concealment SR40C.

15. TurdFX4

I found TulAmmo at walmart for $5.69/20 (.223) the other day... only had 1 box though

16. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

WOOT! I love Cabela's...

[​IMG]

Picked up another 500 rounds of .223 @ $7 a box... Perfect timing considering I JUST finished my first AR build!

17. TurdFX4

I should go down to cabelas soon.

18. TurdFX4

I got 5 boxes of 9mm and a box of .357 hollow points at walmart last night

19. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I got some 9mm from Cabelas.com right before the mad rush but they haven't had anything in stock since (been months now)

Did manage to order some 9mm goodies from cheaperthandirt tonight. (Big thanks to Hooligan for pointing me there).

Every place I've looked online (probably the first 100+ sites that google brings up) and 99.9% of everything is out of stock still.

I haven't seen anything at wallyworld all year, unless you need a box of 7mm which they have 5 or 6 boxes of still.

The one & only gun store here may have just went out of business too... haven't seen anybody in their parking lot for weeks now :(

Hey Turd, how do you like the Tulammo?
    I was gonna order a box of 100 of them from CTD, but they were listed as having polymer coating on them & I wasn't sure if that would cause undue gunking up.

20. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

From what I've read and from what the rounds themselves say on them, the Herter's I posted above is repackaged and steel cased TulAmmo. I put around 40 rounds of it through the new AR on it's first trip out a couple weeks ago. No issues, fires fine. A wee bit on the dirty side though. Only complaint is the casings are camouflaged on the gravel making for a tough time cleaning up. lol.

Tell ya what though, that Fiocchi .223 w/ the funky "SinterFire" bullets are absolute garbage. Super loose fitting bullets to the case...just about every 3 shots and sometimes every single shot, the bolt didn't go all the way in so the SPORTS ritual came into effect several several times. New gun woes? NOPE. 4 different magazines and 4 different ammunitions through her on her first run. Everything else (Herter's/Tul, Winchester, Remington) was completely flawless.

21. TurdFX4

I bought a bulk case of 500rds of Herter's FMJ the day I bought my AR like 3 years ago. I put every single round of that through my gun with 0 issues. I haven't fired the TulAmmo out of my AR yet, but I have fired it out of my 9mm, 0 issues. My friend complains that it's not as accurate as some of the other rounds. He said at 75yrds with his Maudi AK, the best he could do was a dinner plate sized group... but I told him that seems about normal with an AK anyways so I dunno.

Edit: This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy a damn thing from Cheaper Than Dirt, they were one of the first companies to start price gouging

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013