Amazon.com for parts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rango88, Sep 11, 2012.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Anyone here have any experience ordering parts from Amazon.com? I have seen lots of good parts for rangers for great prices. up to $200 saving on certain things ( I compared some items with my supplier and Amazon is cheaper) but is it reputable or a pain in the ass?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. I have bought a few items from amazon I like and their return policy is great, but I have never bought a car part so might want to do more research .

4. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I've bought tons of stuff from amazon. I'd stay away from third party sellers, but amazon products are good stuff.

Buy $25 and get free super saver shipping too.

Also check out partsgeek.com

5. OP
    rango88

thanks for the tips. How do you know they are 3rd party sellers?

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Usually around the price by the item pic, there will be a "Sold by Bob's Tools & Stuff" or "Order Fulfilled by Ralph's Part House".

You can scroll down on the left side of the search pages & click on the seller you want to look at... I always select Amazon as the only seller I want to see stuff for. None of the discounts or gift cards for Amazon will work with the 3rd party sellers, but if Amazon has the same item for a few bucks more I'll buy from them & get free shipping :thumbsup: Sometimes I'll have to toss in something extra with my order like a knife, dvd, book, etc to meet the minimum amount for free shipping, but in the long run I still save money :D

7. OP
    rango88

Cool, Good to know :)