Am I over reacting?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by twowheelin6, Aug 13, 2012.

1. twowheelin6

twowheelin6 New Member

it just happened, bout 2 hours ago but i was getting some late dinner just after getting off work. While waiting behind my truck for this other truck to pass so i can get in mine, when his truck smacked the mirror on mine and he didn't stop. I chased after him and got his plate number and turned it in. The mirror is not damaged at all, but the fact that person hit it and didn't stop to apologized or anything is what pissed me off. police said there's nothing they can do since there is no damage, but they made the report. Am i over reacting by this tho?
    sorry for the long post..

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I dont think so, too many people hit and run and get away with it., maybe it will teach this guy not to run away if he does it again

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I dont think so either. I would have pulled the ****er out through the window so I think you're good

5. OP
    twowheelin6

twowheelin6 New Member

Thanks guys. I chased after him. and i will say this lil 2.3 caught up to them pretty quick. I got his plate number and the make, model, and color but the police said there is not much they can do since there is no damage to my truck. Witch i understand i guess, but if they would have stopped and said sorry or something i would have let it go but.

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Yea, I think unless a cop on duty actually watches somebody do damage, you're SOL unless you have 'em on video & they do some major damage.

I've had A-holes open their doors into my truck with me inside & they never even give a second glance.

My solution is going to be to buy an old rust bucket pile of crap truck to drive around in with 12" razor sharp spikes welded all around the body.

7. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

install some of these

[​IMG]

8. Sinister04Fx4

Sinister04Fx4 Everything is a project.

I woulda done a lot more than just take his license plate number down. I would follow him until he got out, and then I'd be yelling.

So, I don't think you overreacted at all lol.

9. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

screw that get some of these
    [​IMG]
    i dont think you over reacted at all i would have been super pissed. someone hit my truck and dented my door in my parking lot me and my friends searched for the car but couldnt find it. i did more investigative work than our school cop.

10. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

thus is why i try not to park near anyone

11. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

If its not damaged, you just look like an ******* reporting it.

12. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

You shoulda kicked your mirror off and said he broke it when he hit you

13. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

thinking the same thing lmao

14. OP
    twowheelin6

twowheelin6 New Member

it wasn't parked near anyone only truck on that side of the block.

your right tho. it just pissed me off that he hit it and didn't bother stopping.

hahahahaha didn't think of that

Either way tho. I'm alright with it now. still sucks but at least it wasn't damage. The police said there was nothing they could do since my truck didn't sustain any damage.