Advice needed!

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by liftedfords, Jan 22, 2011.

1. liftedfords

liftedfords New Member

Im 16 and im looking for a ranger. I have about $4 grand saved. I Want something extended cab, and 130k or less and 4x4 would be awesome. What would be a good year to start with. ohh and i will mostlikely be installing a lift (body or suspension). And what things should i look out for and maybe some years i shoul not get? Thanks,
    Mike.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ProZach

ProZach New Member

just so you know the 4x4 rangers get crappy mileage.
    as for what to get, i'd go with an 02 or newer

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I recommend 01+ years, from 01-11 there are many interchangable parts and more common part such as headlights, corners and many other things

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I personally would suggest 93-97 years because they are extremely simple and straightforward to work on and cheaper to lift (suspension speaking). Go with the 4.0 OHV and put headers on it. Plus for $4000 you could buy one in GREAT condition and still have the money left over to lift it

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

^ agree the crappy thing about anything 98+ is it will cost you an arm and a leg to lift unless you do body.. And if you can find one with a 4.0 ohv in it, you will not have to worry to much about major catastrophes if you maintain it, that engine is a work horse plain and simple

7. machine

machine Banned

I think when i was 16 I had $4

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

For example, I bought my '93 for $400 and with all the mods Ive done, INCLUDING painting it, I have less than $2800 total in it. Thats with me doing all the work though