A little something I've wanted to for a long time

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by buggman, Oct 5, 2011.

1. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

I finally got my side steps mounted a while back & I don't know how I got along without them for all those years.

During the initial install, I attached led strips (of course, what else?) to the under side of the steps but never got around to wiring them up.

Well, I had a pretty good day today & decided I was going to finally do something with them.

Night with camera flash:
    [​IMG]

Night (totally dark) no flash:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're just temporarily connected into my foot well led strips which are connected to my dome light switch.
    Whenever the switch is on, the led's come on or when the doors are open, the lights come on.

I've about talked myself into modding one of my mustang dome lights to use in my own truck... finally. Whenever I get time & feel like it, I'm going to mod the 'stang dome switches to control the foot well led's & have the center dome light control the under step lights.

I was kinda surprised at how much light they put out... the pics don't do them justice. They don't light up the entire side of the truck, rather just under the doors, but who needs to light up under the side of the bed anyhow?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

looks damn good

4. looks good, now if you can put a 555 chip in the circuit for they can go off by themselves after the door is closed , oh and make it where they come on when you press the unlock button on the keyfob.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That looks great man! Again...Awesome creativity dude!!

6. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i was think bout doing some thing like that but dont know if it would do ok out in the woods

7. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Any way you could show how those are mounted?

9. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Looks nice Terry! Man I can't wait to get my leds for my new cluster!!