97 ranger 4x4 Front Axle Problem

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Benjamin447, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Benjamin447

Benjamin447 New Member

I have a 97 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0l V6 5spd XLT, My problem is I have a Dana 35 front axle and the guy who i bought it from put a dana 28 spindle and there was no bearings in the spindle!! i didn't know this when i bought it but I'm trying to find 2 Dana 35 spindles to fit correctly on the axle and all the right bearings and the right roters. Ford told me they don't make them anymore but is there any aftermarket spindles that fit on the Dana 35? or is there anyway i can get the original dana 35's spindles?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Not good! Sounds like a job for members Brinker88 or Red neck stone!

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

....First of all, a dana 28 spindle shouldnt have bolted up to the D35 bolt pattern. Secondly, the D35 axle shaft wont fit through the D28 spindle...This thing wasnt drivable, was it? With no bearings in it, it definitely wouldnt be.

Here's a site I go to for hard to find parts for the ranger.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-82005-oem-d35-ttb-spindle.html

The spindles are NOT cheap but if you need them, you need them. Or go to a junkyard like 1,000s of others have done before you. As for bearings, any auto parts store has them in stock, as well as the Spindle bearing/seal and the seal on the back of the rotor/hub assembly.

Good luck

5. Redneckstone

Redneckstone New Member

^^ agree this sounds like a major cluster F.... time for SAS