94 Ranger 2.3L Indentifying broken wire

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by LeftOfSanity, Jun 7, 2011.

1. LeftOfSanity

LeftOfSanity New Member

Long story short,

Issue with truck. Found no spark issue on cylinders 2 & 3 on exhaust side coil pack. Swapped with another, same issue.

Figured it was the ICM. I was in the process of taking off the wiring connectors to the ICM. Top and bottom came off fine, but when I removed the bottom, I found a loose wire going to nothing. It wasn't on the connector, but went to the same harness.

It was a single black wire, going to a connector, with a single wire coming out the other side, but looks like it pulled out/broke off somewhere. I cant find where it went to. The wire coming out is a clear plastic, with some kind of material sheath underneath covering the copper wires.

I thought maybe the Camshaft Position Sensor, but that has all 3 wires going to it.

Anyone know? Any help is appreciated.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Can you find a wiring diagram on line for that? Sorry I'm no help, on this one. If you cant find it online I have a wiring book in the garage, I can give you Fords phone number so you can fet a new wiring book for your truck