94 4.0 4X4 what to look for need help asap

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by 01B3000, Apr 19, 2012.

1. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

OK my brothers going to look at a 94 4.0 4x4 tomorrow. I need to let him know what to look for in it, like anything that can go wrong. I'm good with newer but am foreign to older ones. Help Asap!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

make sure the locking hubs work

4. Obviously body rot, look for any sign of oil burning by seeing if there's residue in the exhaust, clean engine, make sure there's no oil leaks (obviously small ones are normal around the valve gasket and such)

5. OP
    01B3000

Well I knew about the engine specific and obvious other things, I mean any problems that probes older rangers?

6. Yanno the badge on the front, it says FORD with an oval around it, well that oval circles the one and only problem right there. :p lol jk. They were pretty reliable trucks. I can't think of any off the top of my head. My buddy had one and never had problems with it.

7. OP
    01B3000

It has 90k, but I haven't seen pics of it yet tho. Its only an XL. But for 3k me and my bro are maybe gonna get it and it will be his DD till the Saturn's fixed, but it will be my project truck as well.

8. lol There ya go. Just don't let him drive it! Lmao