2009 Ford Ranger

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by jrohrigj, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jrohrigj

jrohrigj New Member

My truck is a 2009 Ford Ranger 4x4 with a standard transmission. It has been a good truck the first year but the last couple of months has been something else.

First problem I had was a multi-function switch for the headlights. I lost my low beams but still had my high beams, and turn signals. Got the multi funtion switch replaced and its working again.

Second problem was I lost my spedometer and other gauges in the cluster. Truck wouldn't start after I had stopped at the store and had it towed to Ford. They said that my PCM was dead.

I've had the truck back for a couple of weeks now and I am starting to have the same problem again. Have the truck going in on monday. Has anyone had this type of problem with there truck?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    jrohrigj

jrohrigj New Member

Ford changed out the instrument cluster this time.