2000 Ranger XLT fog light addition

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Joejoe52, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Joejoe52

Joejoe52 New Member

Does anybody know where I can get either a kit with oem foglights and all the needed wiring harnesses, relays etc. If not then what parts should I look for in the salvage yard. are the wires there for the fog light switch, switches. Newbie to this forum so any help will be appreciated. Will post a picture of my rig tomorrow when I can take it in the daylight. Thanks:thumbsup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

you would have to find a fog light valance with the lights and pigtails, also a radio bezel with the fog light switch in it. then pm buggman he has a conversion kit that comes with all of the wiring you need. he can give you a switch which you have to cut into your bezel.

4. ob269

ob269 New Member

^What he said^
    Get the valance for the fogs(unless you already have one like my truck did) then pull the fogs from the yard along with the plugs and about 6 inches of wires. Then out of the same truck(or another with fogs) pull the radio bezel that way you don't have to mod yours.. after you get the parts get a hold of Terry(bugmann) and get one of his fog wiring kits. I got one from him that was 3 molded into one and he did an awesome job!

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Your truck (being an XLT) may already be pre-wired for fog lights

If not, here is an ebay link for the assembly wiring
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Ranger...Parts_Accessories&hash=item255e1ee230&vxp=mtr

Try this place, they have quality parts but shipping is sometimes alot.
    http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fr/search.aspx?searchTerms=lower+valance&rURL=/icatalog/fr/t.aspx

Here is an ebay link for fog light assemblies
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pair-Set-Fog-Light-Lamp-Lens-Housing-Assembly-SAE-and-DOT-Stamped-Ford-Mazda-/230854727174?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARanger%7CMake%3AFord%7CYear%3A2000&hash=item35c0039606&vxp=mtr

For the other stuff, go through Buggman and you'll be set!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

You may possibly be pre-wired as Ford sometimes has done that, but most times they'll either have the connector behind the radio bezel or the connectors under the hood, not usually both.

I do a conversion kit that bypasses all the oem wiring to allow you to use an oem fog switch to control pretty much any 12v light or accessory. The install is pretty simple & I label all the wires & even include my detailed instruction manual.

For the radio bezel, you'll need one that has a fog switch opening already as it's nearly impossible to mount the bracket on a non-fog bezel. They're not too hard to find, but if you can't locate one, I have some 4x4 bezels that I'm in the process of modding.

If you're not 100% set on using an oem fog switch to control the lights, I can put together a kit that will use a more basic switch that you can mount in a variety of locations & work just as well.

7. OP
    Joejoe52

Joejoe52 New Member

Ranger fog light install

Hey guys thanks for your quick responses and wealth of information when I am ready I will use all this info, as I am on crutches for about 8 more weeks Achilles tendon rupture.:yes:

8. OP
    Joejoe52

Joejoe52 New Member

Done as of yesterday everything worked great with buggman's harness even looks factory.