2000, 3.0, will switching to a calif exhaust to a non calif exhaust mess computer ?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Matthew J Howton, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Matthew J Howton

Matthew J Howton New Member

I have a 2000 ford Ranger, base bones, stock truck with a California exhaust
    I can not get the O2 sensor out without damaging the wye pipe.
    If I do damage it, can I replace it with a non California exhaust and not have problems or will the computer pick up on it and throw codes ? I am just trying to fix the O2 code and having a hell of a time.
    Thank you, Matty

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

If you are in California, pretty much you are screwed. You won't be able to pass (SMOG) California Emmision. Better off trying to remove the O2 sensors, run the engine warm and soak it with PB Blaster for a few days.