06+ tails in a '99 stepside

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by SalRanger2, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Superlifted06FX4

Superlifted06FX4 Last of the V8s

What I did to make the 06+ work on the girls 97 was I drilled a hole in the reflector part using a hole saw, then took the turn signal sockets from the old lights, and cut out the socket hole from the 97 turn signal using a bigger hole saw and glued it to the hole I made in the 06 and put the signal socket in it.

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

^^ thats a good idea. i put the turns and brake in the light then set up extra reverse lights. its a pain in the ass to do it my way and i have problems with the lights not tripping with the reverse. :/ plus nine damn miles of wiring and having to make sure it doesnt rub anywhere.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Looks good dude

5. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

thanks man, just gotta do some brainstorming on how to get the trip for reverse to work. i think since i spliced into the hot on the reverse light and took the bulb out that it doesnt work since the circuit isnt completed with the bulb out

6. Yeah, you're gonna have to leave the bulb in for it to work.

7. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

god this is such a pain, i cant just leave the bulb up in there dangling tho, idk errrrrrr

8. Paint it black, ziptie it to the other wires.

9. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i think it will break banging around and get hot too

10. Not unless you're backing up for three miles. Lmao. And if it's tied right below the base, it'll be fine.

11. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol i spose. yea, will the circuit be complete if the bulbs are burnt out?

12. No. Hence why your turn signals go insane when a bulb is burnt. Hahahahaha.

13. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol yea i was figuring that, ill have to give it a look on wednesday. god i love the look of these though.

14. Just use engine enamel paint, and ziptie it. You'll be golden buddy. Haha

15. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol i dont care if they light up lol just want to be sure i wont have problems. i told my dad about what you had told me and he thought it wouldnt work cuz it would break. but i guess if you tie it good

16. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

i had told him that earlier that is