would this look good? or no?

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by beaulawcious, Jan 1, 2012.

1. beaulawcious

beaulawcious New Member

just bought new tires, looking for 2 spare rims to put old tires on, and thinking of mounting them to the bed cage like this. would this look badazz or does it look funky? i know the one on bottom would look great solo, but i need 2 for the weight, cuz suspension is a bit stiff. but not sure if the one on top looks funny...and if i mount those there, next i will build a rear tube bumper around the bottom spare tire and front skid plate bumper...then eventually build a roll bar on back side of cab connected to bed cage, with offroad lights....good plan? or better suggestions,especially on the 2 spare tire locations

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

My opinion...Looks like you are making a garbage run hauling them like that. 1 on the back...cool, just not both

4. RangerMan88

RangerMan88 RangA RolliN

x2. One would look Great

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

this

6. BisketFx4

BisketFx4 New Member

1 spare yes
    2 spare NO

7. 1 spare ftw. I sorta like the two spares, but it's overkill... And you're gonna get pulled over because you'll be obstructing the view from your rearview mirror if you have both.

8. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

only one bro

9. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

get a roof rack throw one up there.

10. OP
    beaulawcious

beaulawcious New Member

Man crap, guess I gotta figure a better location for the second spare. Lol. thanks for all the feedback. I would also prefer like just the one, but ill need to build a cool mount for 2 spares for the extra weight needed in back to ride better. Maybe ill mount the one lower for now, then when I build a rollbar in front of bed and put lights on it, ill mount second spare slanted....like like resting it on bed cage, leaning against top of rollbar. But we will see as we go. Thanks :)

11. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

gl with that..why dont you just fab up an box or something weld it to frame and just drop steel weights in it to make ride comfy..then take weights out when you dont need it..like a box with lid and trow like weight lifter them circle weights in it as many as you need...

12. OP
    beaulawcious

beaulawcious New Member

Haha I was thinking of putting weights in there just like you said greenmachine2000 :) that was my next idea