whip or firestik

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hazard-maine, Nov 20, 2011.

1. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

so i am wanting to know which is better, whip or firestik? im planning on getting a new cb antenna for christmas

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am not sure of the difference dude. I know what the whips look like not the firesticks

4. OP
    hazard-maine

the firestiks are a 5/8 pole atenna

5. I always liked the 4' red tip firesticks

6. OP
    hazard-maine

well im planning on getting a 5' one for christmas and was wonder if a whip is better? i do like the look of firestiks alot more

7. My 46 inchers from Radioshack lol Not sure what they are, but they're fiberglass and hurt when you get hit with one... Hahahaha

8. OP
    hazard-maine

hah but you dont have a cb to work em

9. Sssssshhhhhhh! Nobody knows that yet! Hahahaha But I prefer the sticks better. The whip just makes your truck look like an oversized RC car lol

10. OP
    hazard-maine

haha true but i was wondering with has a greater distance or travel and i just read somewhere else and found my answer that fiberglass have a greater distance

11. Told ya! Haha. I heard these can go for like 33 miles or something.

12. OP
    hazard-maine

at the moment i have a 3 foot bigdog fiberglass, looking to go bigger and better

13. 46" fiberglassers lol

14. 99offroadrngr

99offroadrngr Banned

I've always run a firestik. I have a 4' one sitting in the shed with a superduty fender mount and heavy duty spring and it will never get used again lol

15. OP
    hazard-maine

mail it to me!