which helper springs

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by greenmachine2000, Jan 17, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

looking to get some helper springs..not sure on which brand or style to get. so looking for what you guys suggest. im looking for something farely easy to install....and looking for other options if you know of any relatively cheap.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Your Best and Easiest option would be Roadmaster active suspension. It's a little pricey (right around $350) but they're a non mantianance product that takes less than 1.5 hrs. to install.

4. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

u put procomp add a leafs in. took a couple hrs to install and raised the truck up a bit but its worth it when i haul trailers

5. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

o and mine we under $80

6. Brinker88

I hate the rough ride of AAL's.

7. It ain't a truck if it don't ride rough! Haha

8. or go with AIR Lift control ride air springs

9. Brinker88

^They're okay, but they're high mantainance. Just another thing to go wrong PLUS the rough ride

10. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

I dont like some of the air helper springs, especially the ones that you fill through a tire chuck filler thingy, had one on our chief truck for about a year or two, then the hoses became so dried out, and split from vibrations that the system wouldnt even hold air anymore.

11. OP
    greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

So. Anymore options..ill hold off on this project till I find what's right. I mean the trucks lifted and the leafs are pretty flexed from that so..hopefully I get suggestions leading me to what's right.

12. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

those are really your o nly options.

AAL's
    Air ride
    Roadmaster active suspension

13. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

or just get heavier leafs

14. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hey brad, do you have the roadmasters on?? Just wondering if they would limit flex...

15. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Looks like it would act like a sway bar in some respects...

16. Brinker88

Acts as a sway bar, anti-wrap bar, and helper spring kit. All wrapped up into one.

We have them on all of our company vehicles. I wouldnt think it would limit flex. They're coil springs so they flex with the suspension as it cycles. You gain about 1.5-2 inches of lift with them.

17. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Hmmmmmmmm......

18. Brinker88

Sure, there's plenty of other options out there. But for ride quality, carrying capacity, and price, there's only a few logical options. Dont try to reinvent the wheel bro. :thumbup: