Where to mount a CB antenna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redneck_ranger, Nov 4, 2011.

1. So I'm about to start piecing the CB together. I'm just curious as to where I should mount the antenna... I want it to be right behind the cab, but not exactly sure on the spot that would be the best looking and easiest to get to. Keep in mind that I do have the toolbox back there. I was thinking about sliding it back a few inches and mounting them to the back of it. What do you think? And one more thing, should I get the spring mount? The truck gets bounced around and jostled back and forth, not to mention the effects of tree branches on it too. Opinions? Comments? Suggestions?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

5. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i say mount it on the side of the box

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

[​IMG]
    Too high? This ain't my truck, but this is what I'm getting to. I found this on google

7. DangerRanger91

DangerRanger91 FinGer The Crimson Ginger

You gotta get some bridge feelers lol... Antennas so tall they touch the bottoms of bridges lol jk jk jk

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Hahahahahahaha. I don't like em that high. I wouldn't mind a little over the cab, but this guy's trying to reach the airplanes lol

9. ob269

ob269 New Member

I have mine on the back of the tool box since my cable was too short to get it on the front(slim mount tool box, no room on the side) and I don't like it. I will snag some pics tomorrow and upload them for you so you can see it to get a better idea..
    I would say on the front of it, wouldn't really be in the way I don't think..

10. ob269

ob269 New Member

Also, it's gotta be at least a good foot or two over the cab or you're getting squat for reception..

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Well, yeah. But the one I have pictured here is just entirely too high. And That's what I meant, the backside of the toolbox.