Wheel to ratio question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rangeredgewhite, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Rangeredgewhite

Rangeredgewhite Ranger>Tacoma

Hey guys i had looked at my gearing a while back and i seemed to got the code's mixed up so i bought 33's, so this summer i really dont want to re-gear and right now i have 8.8 3.55's what would be the biggest i can go ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. pooleo

pooleo New Member

4. Without being a slug and murdering your accel, I wouldn't go above 30s or 31s max. But you can run the 33s if you feel like taking off like a snail.

5. OP
    Rangeredgewhite

Rangeredgewhite Ranger>Tacoma

gunna try 32's lol i thought about and since my truck is manual i shouldnt loose that much in acceleration should i?

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I ran 33" superswampers with 3.27s and a 4.0L for 6 months. It was an absolute dog.

While Im thinking about it, You might as well grab an explorer 8.8 with disc brakes (you can find them anywhere with 4.10s and a L/S). You'll have close to $500 in it by the time your done though. DEFINITELY worth it!

Axle: $250
    Hardware (spring seats, u-bolts, shock brackets, gear oil, etc.): $150
    Welding- $100 (Caster set at 6 degrees stock, 45 degrees for shock brackets)
    Brakes (INCLUDING an explorer master cyl)- $200-250
    L/S clutch pack: $100

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I would say max would be 32's for your truck but I think you will be pushing it