What's this truck worth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timbits588, May 23, 2012.

1. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Hey guys I saw this posted in my local craiglist auto section. what do you guys think its worth? I know a lot depends on how it was driven, but in general if it was taken care of how much longer do you think it'd last?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/3016509081.html

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i think thats kind of expensive. my truck is a 97 that had 38k on it when i purchased it same specs. and i got mine for 2350 talked him down from 2500. i think i got a really good deal though.

4. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

that seems like a decent deal

5. mac_

mac_ New Member

the old limas usually get to 200k and beyond, i'd try and get a little less for it though, although that price is pretty fair. snatch that up.

6. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

what kind of mpg do they get? i get around 20-21 with my 4.0 4x4, but then again i drive like an old man haha. it'd be nice to have a beater so i could keep miles of of my truck though

7. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

my mpg is terrible. i get 12 mpg after replacing the factory plugs and wires. something is up with my truck i just hope its nothing major. i think next time i do a oil change im going to put in a k and n air filters. i hope it improves.

8. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

oh wow. i get around 20 in my 4.0 and when i had my 3.0 i usually was able to get 22-23 so i was hoping to hear it'd be something like that haha

9. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

thats my goal for my truck. i talked to my friend who has a 96 and she gets around 20 also. her truck also has identical specs to mine.

10. mac_

mac_ New Member

you shouldn't be getting 20 mpg unless your doing 70 miles an hour uphil in third gear haha

(seriously though)

i consistently got 25 mpg with mine on OE size tires. since i have upsized the tires it has dropt off to 22ish. remember i have 3.45s, which are way to tall

11. Timbits, you should be seeing an excess of 25 mpg with that truck. It's worth the money he's asking. See if he'll come down a bit though.

12. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

His asking price seems decent to me. Not too high, not too cheap, just right. But with any asking price, seeing if it can be had lower is always worth looking into. From the pics, the truck looks very clean and seems to be taken care of. I've always been in the market for a similar truck, but 98-00 in that price ranger and option build. At that price, it's hard to get what I personally want(98-00 2.5L 5spd reg 2wd w/ lowish miles).

13. OP
    timbits588

timbits588 New Member

^yeah i hear ya. i've been looking for awhile just because it'd be nice to keep some miles off my other truck. any special reason you want the 98-00 range?

14. pooleo

pooleo New Member

not worth nearly 3k for a 96 2wd, come on now.

My dad picked up his 95 ext cab 2.3 5spd for 1,900.

For the money he is asking, you can get into a 98-00 with the better seats, stronger motor, better suspension, etc.

15. pooleo

pooleo New Member

also, it dont matter how the truck was taken care of, these motors run and last forever, even if neglected. :p

16. You're kidding.......right? Because that's complete bull**** if you're not....

17. I would not give that much for a 1996

18. BBLoom

BBLoom BBLoom

I think it's a little high. Maybe shoot for $2500, thats usually what kbb puts it at