was looking for a locking gas cap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diabolical Ranger, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Motorad MGC-902 Locking Fuel Cap

This is the cap that fits a 2001 edge e.o SOHC as the others I have found locally will not work. Found this on Amazon

so If anyone is looking that is where to look

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

any pics of it?

4. It is due to arrive today from Amazon
    so I will try it out and take a few pics

5. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

cool. let me know how it works out for you. I've been looking at getting one but it's down on the bottom of my list. I'm just curious at the style of it.

6. with gas prices the way they are and kids will siphon gas as I know I was a kid once. ;) might have had a mouth full of gas once or twice lol

7. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

^^ lol my thoughts exactly.

8. well , I just got it not the right one even though the chart calls for this one.
    this locking cap is vented and also has threads the oem has lil tits on it, this one will go in and the lock makes just the knob/handle spin but if you pull up and out on the cap it comes out . So it goes back , looked up a stant and it calls for
    Stant 10502 Locking Fuel Cap

pics are of the cap that came today the mgc902

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That blows. Want me to try and find you one by me?

10. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

So it's not the right one? That sucks.

11. locking gas cap or siphoning teenagers ;)

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The cap...no teens, meghans law prohibits me from....well you know lol

13. LOL I am going to try walmart today, I have not gone there yet, been trying to stick to the local auto parts stores, Walmart sucks so I dont go there a lot anymore
    let me see what I can find today there, but now I am unsure about the stant 10502 cause they both say it is for the 2001` ranger edge 4.0 etc... need to try it in person I guess if anyone has one in stock.

I will let you know how I make out, thanks for the offer !

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Ok cool just let me know

15. TomN

TomN RANGER!!!

i got one from advanced. Works good, til i went for my inspection, and it caused me to fail >.<

16. went to walmart and picked up the Stant 10502 it works it is for the 1/4 turn style and not threaded 16 bucks so I now have secured gas or will have after I post these pics lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  17. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Good deal man!

18. Thanks again Clinton for the offer
    looks like this is the right one for our trucks

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Anytime man. I may have to make the same investment

20. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Would like to know the reason for it failing on you cause I work at Advance!! I've never heard of such!

21. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

prolly failed the gas cap test we have here in PA...if you fail that you fail inspection