Vibrations

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rangerguy95, Mar 22, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Today i was going down the road and suddenly my left front tire shakes and vibrates and just generally sounds like it wants to blow up, now i thought it was just the road because it was rough, but when i went onto a flat surface it still happens, its random too, even when im slowing down and come to a stop it sounds like im idling high but its not the transmission or engine its coming from the left front axle, any ideas?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Check both wheels to see it you threw a weight off while driving.

4. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

What do you mean threw a weight off?

5. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

One of the balancing weights. There should be weights on the edge of the wheels to balance them. Occasionally one will fly off while driving.

6. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

There doesn't appear to be any missing

7. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

Make sure you check the inside of the rim also.

8. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

i took it for a test drive and its not doing it anymore so i have no idea, i mean i recently replaced my hub assembly cuz my old one didnt keep the CV axle in place but now my CV axle is kinda loose again, is the cv axle supposed to be in the rubber shroud or behind it