Urgent alarm help

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Redneck_ranger, Apr 30, 2012.

1. So I've had this issue with my alarm since the day I bought the truck... I lock the truck, it beeps and the theft light comes (well came on when I had my old cluster) on acting like the alarm is set. Now here's my issue, when I lock the doors with the fob and open it from the inside, why doesn't my alarm go off? It does it on every other vehicle I have seen. It just doesn't arm apparently. It works when I hit the panic button on the fob, but not any other time. What's the issue?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

Mine doesnt go off when i open it from the inside because its not suppost

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yes it is. If the doors are locked by the fob and the alarm is set it's supposed to go off. It does it on my aunt's explorer, on the Dakota, on my mom's Sable, and on my friend's Ranger as well.

5. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

doesnt do it in my ranger, my dad 08 silverado, my moms 09 tahoe, my brothers 01 jetta

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

It's supposed to go off when someone breaks into the truck, now isn't it?

7. it is not an alarm, but used as a panic alarm only, if you break into the truck the alarm will not go off.

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

What the **** is the point of having the ****ing thing on there then?! ****ing Ford...

9. lol, everyone I know says that, it is only panic button on the fob.
    and your lights flash when you press the lock button too I bet hahaha, but it lets people think there is an alarm, if I go into a bad hood I press the panic button once let it sound for a short couple blast of the horn then turn it off, so the riff raff in the area think it has an alarm system.

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, they do. I'm gonna have to get an alarm system in it because people have been eyeing it up lately..... Chased a bunch of clowns the day before hunting season. Anyone know of a good aftermarket alarm system?

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'll have to check it out. I just want one that could use the factory horn if that's possible... I don't want a bird chirping on my truck.