Universal Joint?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by kjohn2007, Feb 26, 2012.

1. kjohn2007

kjohn2007 Keith

I have a 99 ford ranger 4x4 with the 4.0L I'm pretty sure but, I think my universal joint is going out in the back of my truck. I was wondering what kinda things can it do to make sure. My truck when I put my truck in reverse I hear it pop in the back and also one and a great while if I'm going down the highway and let off the accelerator I can hear it pop.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

It very well could be your u joints. The part is in expensive and its only like four bolts holdin it in so its an easy job to do on your own

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Get under the truck and push/pull up and down on the driveshaft. If there's any play in them, replace them and keep them greased.