Ultra gauge pin out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diabolical Ranger, May 1, 2012.

1. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

so wait, what does it do?

4. xxxxxxxxxxx

5. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

6. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

so have you been able to come up with a quick disconnect? i saw on another website someone soldered a usb connection to the untraguage after opening up the panel and then spliced the other end to the line that goes to the obdII port. haven't been brave enough to try it myself though

7. xxxxxxxxxxx

8. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

gotcha. you plan on it after he upgrade though?

9. xxxxxxxxx

10. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

So wait, how does the Ultra Gauge hook up? Is it hardwired to the face/control panel? I've got a Scangauge.

I've always thought it would be cool to splice into the factory harness behind the plug so that the OBDII port could be used while the gauge is still plugged into the vehicle. Have a short cable spliced into the truck, and have the former cable become the spare so when you need to check codes or let someone borrow the toy gadget, there's a free cable.

11. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

the ultraguage just plugs right into the OBDII port. it's just that the wire is permanently connected to the display screen so there is no quick disconnect.