turn signal repair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcdonald58, Nov 1, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

ever since i got my truck my my turn signal hasnt worked properly. most of the time when i push it down or up it will stay whichever way i pushed it. but sometimes it wont stay down and ill have to hold it. how hard is this repair? do i have to take off the wheel and the air bag?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

If it's the multi function switch, (I am pretty sure it is) you don't need to remove the wheel or airbag. You will need to remove the trim around the column. 3 screws, You can see the screw holes from the underside of the column. Phillips screws. Once the plastic trim is off you can see the switch. It has 2 screws. You need to wiggle a bit to get the wires disconnected and reconnected.

Does the steering wheel point the correct direction when the wheels are straight? If the steering wheel is crooked, it will cause similar issues.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yes it is the multi function switch. the part that i use to have my windshield cleaned and that operates my blinkers. thats great news that i dont have to mess with an air bag.
    yea my steering wheel goes straight with the wheels and my truck dosent pull either way. that sounds like a very simple fix thanks for the help.