today's project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mcdonald58, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

well last winter i was tired of having my sand bags slide forward to the front of my bed. so today i went to lowes got a 14 ft piece of wood and them cut it up into two 3 ft pieces and two 4 ft pieces. then i screwed them together and put some l brackets in. next thing will be paint when its decent enough weather.
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

seems like a good idea

4. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

nice idea. i'm lucky with my truck, it's got slots in the bedliner to stick some 2x4's into to divide the bed up.

5. Muscleford

Muscleford Drives "the Fridge"

I had the set up in my 88 Ranger. It will still slide on a hard stop but under normal driving is was fine. That drop in bed liner is still pretty slippery.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

thanks im actually thinking about putting in a spray on bed liner since my drop in one is in pretty bad shape. i could only afford a diy one though. i actually got the idea when i went to the jy to get my seats. the truck i pulled the seats from had something similar to it in the bed.

7. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

I love my rubber bed mat for this, my weights in my bed for winter never move for the whole winter :)

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Nice work man. I remember doing the same thing when I was a teeneager!

9. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

thanks for the compliments. hopefully ill be able to use less weight since ill be able to keep the weight over the axle. i figured the wood will pay for itself with the gas ill be saving.

10. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

damn that was when the greeks sacked troy