Tire rubbing something...

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Black mamba, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

As the title says... I went under my truck and saw there was some wear on the inside of the tire sidewall!!!!! I popped off tge tires and the only part that looks like it was rubbing were the upper ball joints, what would cause this?? It is on both driver and passenger side tire. I replaced the ball joints upper and lower about six months ago and the hubs about two.. I recently did sway bar links but I don't think that would do it....I'm stumped.... Please help

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

And when the tire is flat on the ground there is about an inch of clearance between the tire and ball joint

4. PeterMartin

PeterMartin Guest

Car dealers

You have not mentioned the whether the truck is used heavily of or is used as the normal truck. The fault may be caused by the heavy use of the vehicle.