tie down mounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diabolical Ranger, Apr 20, 2012.

  1. do they still make this kind of mount tie down, only with a square rubber block that fits a ranger bed, or does the ranger not have the square holes in the bedrail, I have a plastic cover over mine and never seen whats under it
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

    Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

    Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

    Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

  3. They have the square holes. I just gave my tie downs to my buddy, if you needed them sooner I woulda still had em lol
  4. Thanks Pete, I am always a day late and a dollar short lol

    how many square holes does the ranger stepside box have?
  5. Should have 4, like all the rest.
  6. I guess I was wanting to hear 6 like the longbeds have

    I need one in the middle on each side but maybe the ones at the rear will do, if they are at the rear hahaha
  7. klinger86

    klinger86 Moderator

    Actually craig I don't think yours will have the holes in top of the bed rail mine doesn't mine has the cleat type inside the bed. Under the bedrails is the bolts that bolt the bedside onto the inner bed frame.
  8. Brinker88

    Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

    Far as I know, the stepsides have NO tiedown points on top of the bed. Only bolted to the side.

  9. Okay then, I stand corrected. My buddy had a steppie with the square holes on it so i figured they all did
  10. thanks guys, I need to mod a couple on there just to put a cable lock through it and the bike when in there.
  11. buggman

    buggman Do not touch the trim!

    That's nothing a 1/2" drill bit won't fix :thumbsup:

    I got some of the rectangular tie down's at wally world a while back, but I think I saw them on harbor freight too.

    They have the rectangular plate & rubber block with a toggle bolt kinda deal on the bottom.
    With my front hooks I drilled through my bed rails & didn't use the rubber blocks, just the toggle bolt holding under the bed rails.

    Here's the HF ones LINKY
  12. Thanks Terry that is exactly what I am looking for
  13. just picked up a couple of these bad boys, not bad for 8 bucks for 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  14. Hooligan

    Hooligan Rangerholic!!

    Craig, our beds do not have the holes, you wont be able to put them in either. the plastic caps cover where the fiberglass attaches to the steel bed box, it is not flat under those caps so there isnt a way to even mount them up
  15. so what is under that plastic cover just an opening? I can drill a hole maybe take that cover off and weld a piece of flat stock just to dill a hole and mount on top of the plastic cover, not goint to be used for anchor purpose but basically theft deterent of bike running a cable lock through the eye opening of the mount where they just cant lift out very easily., mayber I can mount it on the side wall or even through the floor of the bed .

    got any pics of what is under that plastic cover???
  16. or just drill through the plastic cover and mount maybe no one would know it's not very secure but it would make noise if they just try to rip it out of the plastic any thoughts?
  17. Hooligan

    Hooligan Rangerholic!!

    Under the opening is the fiberglass "cap" which mounts the upper part of the flareside to the steel bed box. I dont have pics of what it looks like but when that cap comes off it looks like crap. The anchors for flareside beds mount on the inside, front and rear of the wheel wells. they are similar to these

    You can drill a hole in the sides and then mount them in with self tapping screws/bolts
  18. yeah, I have those but can not put a cable through them.
    time to get the sawzall and welder and BFH out (big fkng hammer ) or just drill a hole in floor or side lol
    thanks Clinton for the good news lol
  19. Hooligan

    Hooligan Rangerholic!!

    Really? The ones I have are the big loops, any cable should go through it
  20. mine look like " cleats" like on a boat dock per say
  21. Hooligan

    Hooligan Rangerholic!!

    Yeah those are the original ones. you can drill them out and replace them with ones like I have. I have 2 sets, 1 set is spoken for but I can send you the others so you dont chop holes in the floor!

Share This Page