throwing a code

Discussion in '4.0 Engine' started by 99RangerAlfredo, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 99RangerAlfredo

99RangerAlfredo cute things go fast

JOY! not but 20 minutes ago, while on my way back to work from getting lunch ... some guy pissed me off and so i accelerated quicker than usual (without launching my truck or burning out) to get across traffic while the spot was open ... i noticed that my truck's check engine light came on ... ohhhh boyyy. about 2 weeks ago my truck had a MAF sensor code thrown and a o2 sensor thrown. Auto zone ... being auto zone ... failed to tell me which o2 sensor failed. so as my last hope i reset the truck and the code went away. It turned out that fredo had bad gas :D hahah yeah ... bad gas ... but now, i haven't put gas in him in a while and he's sluggish ... looks like its back to auto zone for me! :furious:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Try throwing in some dry gas with fuel injector cleaner rabbit!

4. OP
    99RangerAlfredo

i'm going to go to auto zone first and see what's throwing the code...if its something stupid like last time i'll just reset the truck AGAIN and see if that works...if its something different then i guess i need to fix it ... TOE ... truck over everything.

5. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

and chill with the road rage lindz :D

6. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

If it is throwing an O2 sensor code, it could be a problem with the o2 sensor and causing a bad air/fuel mixture.

7. southbama man

southbama man New Member

Resetting the computer never makes the problem go away lol. I had a similiar situation I went to Advanced when my CEL came on and they told me it was my injectors where clogged. Thinking they were full of it I checked the code on the computer and it was a MAFS, which ened up in the long run being a vaccum hose. Damn Autozone.

8. Stephen.G.Fiddes

Stephen.G.Fiddes T-Bar Guru

Injector cleaner FTW

9. southbama man

southbama man New Member

^Thats what they tried to sell me. I told them I don't think so. If it needs fuel stabilizer I will get it out of the garage at home. They tried to take me for a fool and sell me Injector cleaner. For there information, Mama didn't raise no fool lol.

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to new 4.0 tech section

11. OP
    99RangerAlfredo

turns out it was simple, it threw the same code that it did last time...because auto zone never cleared the code (stupid ... grrr i hate that zone!) so i went out and got a code reader and cleared it myself ... :) tahhh daahhhhh

12. Stephen.G.Fiddes

Stephen.G.Fiddes T-Bar Guru

ccheapest way to clear a code, unplug the battery for 10 seconds. (or turn the ignition on to make sure all the electricity is out of the system)

13. OP
    99RangerAlfredo

but then i have to go reset my radio and clock ... aaghh in the long run this is going to save my fist and my ranger ...

i'll end up punching the crap out of my radio.

14. zman7125

zman7125 "Give Her the Biscuits"

Did this fix your problem Lindz? Does the truck sit a lot?

wow, sorry thought that said 2-7-12 haha not 2-7-11

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012