Throttle Body Spacer

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by El Camino Man, Dec 10, 2011.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hello all! I am looking for a good throttle body spacer for my 2011. Only problem is I cant find one. Are all 4.0L SOHC the same? And is the throttle body on a 2010 Mustang 4.0 the same as a 2010 Ranger 4.0? Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Don't bother with spacers. They do nothing and they are junk! It's just a waste of money, I looked into it for quite some time

4. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

^^this.. bout the only thing they will do is harm your truck

5. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Don't do it!!! If anything get a bbk throttle body.

6. VH5150

VH5150 PLAY FAST, WEAR STRIPES.

Anodized aluminum paperweight.
    MikeR

7. OP
    El Camino Man

I had one on my F-150 and saw results. It didnt give me any noticeable power but did add 1.5 mpg. Not much but better than nothin. And how does it do more harm than good?

8. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

The whistling sound it makes scares the gremlins under the valve covers making them relocate to the oil pan. When gremlins mix with oil, they secrete water which seizes up the engine.

Hence more harm than done...Now you dont want that, do you?

FYI, there IS no gremlins under your hood and it shouldnt do any harm with it on there, only thing is you're wasting your money bro

9. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

It makes for a cool paperweight....

But as performance related, don't bother as it doesnt work except to get rid of your hard earned cash.

10. OP
    El Camino Man

Sounds like enough reasons for me to shy away lol. Now for the question that has been asked a million and a half times on here: whats the BEST way to add mpg and hp?I know the big 3 are cold air intake, free flowing exhaust, and a tuner. If I decided to get all 3 of those things Id be looking at $800-$1000 worth of add ons. How much mpg and hp would it really add though? And are there any other ways?

11. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

Don't waste your money on gimmicks. The only thing that will improve mileage is keeping your foot out of the skinny pedal. Subsequently, that takes away from hp. There is no such thing as having your cake and eating it too.

Don't waste your time or your money.

12. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Keep up on maintenance and make sure your tire pressure is correct, oh yeah and don't drive like a maniac

13. Well, with my AEM Brute Force intake and cutoff exhaust, I get about 20-22 mpg on average.

14. OP
    El Camino Man

I dont hotrod anyways and Iv never seen the 18 mpg Im suppost to get. Even before my wheels and tires. Somethings gotta help

15. You have any kind of performance intake on it man? That's your cheapest option right there.

16. Franchi Motorsports

Should try mine for a week.... lol

[​IMG]

17. That is the most badass license plate I have ever seen lol

18. Franchi Motorsports

It's funny to see people's reaction to it in traffic, not uncommon to glance in my rear view mirror and see somebody hanging out their window trying to get a clear shot with their cell phone of it.

10k plus in mods on the car and it's the license plate that people like the most. Figures.... lol

19. OP
    El Camino Man

Wow my old jacked up F-150 got at least 9.5 lol