thread subscription

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements, Suggestions & Comments' started by rango88, Jul 11, 2011.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

hey guys, this is weird, when i first joined, i made sure to click the do not subscribe option so i wouldnt get pointless emails everytime someone wrote a comment, but i still get those emails and i checked again and its still at do not subscripe, am i missing something here?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

The same thing happened to me on another forum but I just gave up

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Try to pm JON the Admin, he might be able to sort it out. I looked under the profiles and it may be one of those options that are there but just wont disable that particular function

5. Fightinirish157

Fightinirish157 Fightin' Irish

Its cause you are in Canada so you have issues that is all.

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Also try to change the email notifications to get them once a day and they usually show up around 1-2am

7. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

I believe that when you post in a thread, you automatically subscribe to that thread
    (Correct me if Im wrong)

You should be able to un-subscribe to the thread.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That is true, by using the thread tools you can unsubscribe, just a few clicks after you post, but I myself found it easier to get the email notification just once a day, and like I said its at 1-2am

9. Fightinirish157

Fightinirish157 Fightin' Irish

I believe there is a no email selection you can make too....I will see if I get anything tonight...I should not.

10. Redneckstone

Redneckstone New Member

go to quick links on the upper right > Edit options > scroll down to Messaging & Notification (2nd box) > use the drop down and select "no email notification".

now you will be subscribed to threads but you will NEVER be emailed.

11. OP
    rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

thanks for the replies guys