"The Works Package"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ob269, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ob269

ob269 New Member

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

****, if they'll align my truck thats worth it.

4. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

My thoughts too man..

5. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

Thats a great deal.

6. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Do they only check the alignment or they'll actually correct it if its off? I know a lot of places by me say they'll check it for free, but if its off its 60 or more for them to actually do it.

7. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

they only check the alignment, not actually do it

8. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

iv got it done before and overall its actually a really good deal

9. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

That's more or less a dealer scam. They do these promotions like this to lure folks in. 85% of the people coming in have something wrong. They will find something and then jack the labor price and parts prices up for all the labor they're losing on the "The Works". And with dealers, there's no "happy ending"

10. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i got it done for the advertising price :)

11. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

That's bc we take care of our vehicles. They lose money on us. There's NO WAY they're making a profit for that stuff for $40

12. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

$40 just covers the labor haha if that, it takes them an hour.

and it helps when your personal friends with all the techs and the shop manager at the local dealership ;P

13. I'm guessing mine would be around.......$300 then. My alignment is off horribly and there's still a few things wrong.

14. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Yeah. I figued that you'll learn what is wrong/how to get it fixed.. they'll give you a print out of the results so I figure its a good start..

15. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lol i've got alignment that's off, fuel pump is going out, abs light is on, and a few other things.

they'd probably just look at my truck and just say gtfo.

16. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Lmao! No way man, they'd be like oh look at this guy we can make a fortune off his truck!