Tempermental Heat Issues

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by 08 Ranger Sport 4X4, Dec 12, 2013.

1. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I have a 2008 4.0L V6. Recently the heat has been acting weird. I let the engine warm up, start to drive and the heat is fine, until I stop at a stop sign or red light and then it starts to blow cold air out (on any setting, but it's usually on feet and defrost), then when I start to move again, hot air returns after about 30 seconds or so. Usually when I warm up my truck, I let it run for 5-10 minutes then hot air will blow out, but now it doesn't really blow out any hot air until I'm moving. Then after about 10-15 minutes of driving it is fine and will still blow out hot air while stopped and other times not. Before it used to heat up in a matter of minutes, now it takes longer and longer to blow warm air. I miss being able to brag about how fast my truck heats up lol. Engine is running at normal temperature at all times as well.

Any help/suggestions on what this issue might be would be greatly appreciated. I have read through here and other forums for any light on my situation and have not seen anything similar yet.

Side note: Earlier this year in the summer. One morning I started the truck, then out of now where a loud hissing noise and mist started coming from the engine bay/under the engine. It sounded like when my buddy busted my A/C system hose fitting while putting on my steering extension for the body lift (that entire system was replaced). But it wasn't green colored like the A/C air was so I had no idea what it is. By the time I hopped out and opened the hood it stopped so I was unable to pinpoint the location of the leak. I have never had any issues after that with A/C or heat (that I'm aware of) so I'm not sure if this is what is causing my heating problems.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Bump

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

How’s the fluid level ?

5. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Fluids are good.

Update: On my way to work this morning the truck had no symptoms of what I described before. Heated up and stayed warm like it should, whether I were moving or at a stop light. So I'm at a loss here lol.

6. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Bump. Any more ideas?