Sway bar and link work

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Hooligan, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I recently got the proper Superlift sway bar end links and new bushings for the links and the sway bar itself. The links that are on the truck were home made and I was blowing out bushings every 6 months or so. Today was the day to start the tear down, but hit snags of course. The home made end link nuts wouldnt turn with heat, wd40 or anything so they had to be cut off. Then the last bolt holding the sway bar on itself was just the wrong one and that had to be cut off as well. Once it finally came out, I started sading/grinding all the old paint off to POR15 it all....my son helped me with the grinding.

New bushings and superlift end links
    [​IMG]

Sway bar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slave labor lol
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice man! cant beat free lol

the superlift was on when you got the truck right? was that set up just what they threw on there?

4. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yeah the superlift was on, I kinda think they just didnt have the sway bar end links. I fonally found some so Lets hope they stay a long time!

5. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ohh i see, yea im sure they will!

6. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol...I hope so, I am tired of replacing bushings!

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea that would be a PITA!! the poly ones will be a big improvement too

8. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think so too, cant wait to get them on!

9. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Dude if I knew you needed them I woulda sold you mIne lol... As you know i don't run sways haha

10. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

lol...send them any way just in case! Pm me a price or trade offer

11. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Nice work.
    Good to see you putting Hooligan Jr to work too :thumbup1:

12. glad to see your getting the truck ready to make the 2000 mile trip to my place!!

looking good ,the little hooligan is bigger/older than I expected, compared to the one pic of you and the family .

13. OP
    Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Lol...One day dude! Yeah he is getting big, they grow up way too fast