stock 2006 ranger 4x4 sport - biggest tire size?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by mclovin, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mclovin

mclovin New Member

Was wondering what the biggest tire size I could go on a stock ranger 06 4x4 sport? Was thinking of some bfg Mud terrian KM2's...my original tires are 25570R16 (29").. was thinking of gettin 26575R16 which are almost 32's (31.9) Would like to know about how big will rub without a lift? My rims are 16"x7" stock ranger rims.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

I have 16' wheels like you do and, I run 265/75/16 and have no problems. I thought about putting 285/75/16's on my ranger but the tire shop said they would rub at full crank, unless I cranked the Tbars or put a lift on. Check out http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/TireFitment.html for more info. Hope it helps.

4. RangerBrad06

RangerBrad06 New Member

Will the 265 cause the speed sensor to read wrong? Is yours still reading right?

5. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I stuffed 31s stock

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

[​IMG]

As big as you want! Lmao

7. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Now thats a hot truck

8. machine

machine Banned

265's will work just fine.

9. Ranger2232

Ranger2232 New Member

i put 31's on mine too. they rub every once in a while at full crank. it just depends on the body roll of your truck. mines stock too.

10. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I have 31" mudders and I have never rubbed.

11. jhnzeigler

jhnzeigler New Member

i have a 05 with 265/75/16 Mich's and i have never had an issue rubbing...all stock