stepside guys, need your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by SalRanger2, May 2, 2012.

1. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

ok so, ive been planning on taking off my mudflaps because i think they dont look right with it lowered. anyways, how bad do you get stone chips on the lower part of the box behind the back tire below the lower body line? mine are actually in nice shape and want them to stay like that haha.
    [​IMG]

i mean im sure it gets some rocks just want to see how bad. if you have pics that would be sweet.

one thing id like to do is get that clear film stuff put over the paint there, but it comes in gay and expensive sizes so if you find something that wide let me know! i might check with the place that id take my truck to get the tint done, they do the clear film stuff.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Why not bedliner your body line? It would look sick on your truck with that blue

4. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

dear god no! haha

5. Freemans 00

Lol figured so. I know detailing shops put that film cover over the entire vehicle I'm sure they can put it just on that one spot for cheap. I get chips on my 2nd door a lot

6. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i hope its not too expensive to have done, i was looking at smaller rolls of it online and its pretty pricey. do you think it would be as much as getting windows tinted? they quoted me at $125 for all mine but the windshield

7. Freemans 00

Dude that's a great price for tint. The windshield would probably be another 29. And no I don't think they'll charge you more then that for a 5ft peice at the most. I say you may have 170 in it all together but I may be wrong, it's one of those things you have to ask when your there

8. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea very true, ill have to give them a call and figure it out, my gut feeling is itl be kind of a lot since its like the tint, more money in labor/time than material

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I say take them off, it will give the truck a little more "sleek" look. I dont really get too many stone chips, so I think you will be good dude. Just in case though, look into the clear self sticking rocker panel chip guards. I have seen them at auto parts stores so you can get away with sticking them to that lower rear to prevent chipping.

10. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i definitely want them off, ok cool. yea ive seen some stuff on ebay that was like 12" tall and 36" long that wasnt too expensive. id kind of like it up to that bodyline so you wouldnt even know it was there

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Do it man!

12. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i really want to! i think ill give the tint place a call and check what their price would be and then see if i should buy my own

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You can do it yourself man, its easy!

14. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

15. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

16. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Single cab Rangers shouldn't cost no more than 60.00 for the 3 windows. And I paid 75.00 for mine to get tinted. I would take a picture and show you where my mudflaps were. But it would be useless cause it's perfect, since I've had it filled in and painted ha.

17. fhijar

fhijar Fabian Hijar

Yea I paid $90 for my reg cab. That included removal of the old one..

18. OP
    SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea i thought it was high but this is the only place close to me that does really good work. maybe ill see if they could throw in the clear film lol.

haha u suck! :D wish i could get mine painted