Sonoma content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black mamba, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I got this Sonoma not to long ago ( 4.3 vortec 5speed ) and so far it's been good to me ... Still ain't a ranger lol, but it's fast as hell and rewarding to drive .. Plus it gets 20 mpg mixed .. Anyway , just a little update ... Blaster coil , acell cap and rotor , k&n , some other goodies . But the man thing is this
    Went from these coon rims
    [​IMG]
    To these puppy's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I got this to carry my bikes
    [​IMG]
    What you guys think ?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

One of my pics didn't post
    [​IMG]

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Those rims are sick

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that is a really nice lil truck man, the new wheels look a ton better!

6. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

that's a sweet truck, looks great, what kind of duals does it have? must sound mean with that OHV 4.3L

7. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Thanks guys , and ya it sounds like an 8 at idle

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

those wheels are perfect! i was worried with the first pic that those were what you put on there lol

9. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Nooo!! They came with those lol. They had to go ASAP the new ones wer winter wheels off a z4

10. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

really thats cool, is the bolt pattern 5 on 4.5?

11. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Nope there 5x 4.75

12. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

nice truck! looks very sharp

13. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Weird question but how's the 5 spd manual of the Sonoma compare to the ranger. Which is more direct, less knotchy, good clutch feel, etc?

14. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I will say the Sonoma clutch is very twitchy with the weather changes recently , but other than that its ok .. Reverse doesn't have a syncro so I gotta go into 1st before reverse or else it grinds . And I can't really compare it to my ranger because my 89 was cable clutch , and was way better lol

15. richarddhoward

richarddhoward Road Trippin' King

Sell me that truck! I need a v6 five speed.

Here's my baby:

[​IMG]

99 SLS 2.2l Five speed, 2wd lifted on 31x10.50R15's. Same as the Ranger, my first truck when I turned 16. Still have her

16. OP
    Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

That is a nice truck ! I love that hood !! Where did you score that ? And if it ever comes up for sale I will let you know haha!

17. richarddhoward

richarddhoward Road Trippin' King

Lol you have no idea, I would buy it if cash is in my pocket. It's a Cervini's hood. It's fiberglass. It lowered my engine temp 15 degrees when I put it on. I love it. I wouldn't have bought any other hood, it's awesome.