some updates

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by RoadRanger, Feb 19, 2012.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

today me & my buddie made a spur of the moment trip out to hazelton to see what we could get from the JY for our trucks (he's got a mazda B3000) and i found some good stuff!! unfortinitly, i ran out of currancy before i got to get a ton of stuff, scince i also bought some stuff for my mothers truck and my fathers van. but i did get a couple of peices for the truck i've been wanting!

biggest thing on my list: a new drivers side armrest!! mine had a giant hole in it, and was very annoying to me. i found two matching black armrests from an '07

before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also got myself an expo radio bezal with a factory dual media sterio unit (i hope it works, lol)

[​IMG]

i finally figured out how to dissassemble my armrest console lid and fixed my el-cheapo cover. might write a "how to" for that one!

before:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

one more before & after shot, i finally painted my grille guard, found out my dad's off tomorrow so we may give mounting it a shot!

before:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ob269

ob269 New Member

Lookin good man, nice scores! Waiting to see the grill guard mounted.. I have the same thing but I don't think I'll like it on our trucks. Figure I'll see how yours looks..

4. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

yeah, i've been up in the air on the grille guard for a long time now, but i figure it was free and it's just laying here, so i may as well give it a shot.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Nice! You shoulda called me tho! I was bored as hell today

6. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

thanks man! i woulda let some of you guy's know, mabe get a mini meet going, but our trip wasin't really set in stone untill about midnight last night, lol. my buddie desperatly needed a plug for his crankshaft sensor so he could get his truck running again.

i'm hoping we can make another trip out there soon though, he needs some various front clip parts for his truck and i've got more junk i'd like to come home with! :D

on a side note, i got the expo bezal and dual media raido installed, and for some reason the volume barely works for the radio. anyone got any ideas what might be wrong? everything else works great

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Nice all around man!!

8. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

nice! i really like those armrests! i might have to look for some next time i go to a yard.

9. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

thanks man!

thanks, i really like the way they break up all the gray on the door panel. i got really lucky with them too, the truck they came from had no door on one side and no door panel on the other, the missing door was in the bed of the truck next to it, and drivers side panel (the one i really needed) was on the ground buried under other junk.

sad part was, they came from an '07, tail's were busted up, badges busted up, and mirrors busted up.

10. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Those arm rests look really good all black

11. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

thanks man, they tie into the door handel bezal really nice, i love 'em :)

12. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

cool! they really do tie it in well, my gray pad has a wore down spot and looks bad

13. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

yeah, the old grey drivers side pad on mine had a big dirt spot right where the base was broken, from my grandfather always leaning his elbow there. kinda hard to see in the pics, but i also scrubbed the crap out of it with simple green a few months back, and it was still dirty. my center console has the same spot, which is why i covered it with the camo, lol.

14. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

looking good man.

was there any 04+ rangers there with 60/40 seats in them?

15. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i wish, i woulda grabbed 'em, lol. there were plenty of nice '00 and older cloth bucket seats though.

actually, the 07 the armrests came from was the newist ranger i saw in there. all the others were '00 and older, and all the mazda B series were pre '97.

16. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

ok cuz i am offering free **** to someone who finds me 04 plus ext cab seat tracks

17. I grabbed the last set out of there man. lol They don't get too many newer Rangers yet.

18. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

i wonder if they were out of the same truck, it was a grey ext cab, wrecked hard...

and there wasin't a single '01-'05 ranger out there! i was almost suprised... figure in a year or two they'll start to show up more.

19. Yep, same truck. And there were two 01-05s there. One's where I got my tailgate and the other is a destroyed sonic blue one. They're way in the back of the truck/suv section

20. OP
    RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

well thank god you left me the armrests, lol.

the red & blue 01+ truck's were both MIA, i would bet they were in the 4 rows that they had recently cleared out over at the far corner of the truck / suv section.

i'm also kicking myself right now, because i grabbed the rear springs from the one isuzu trooper for my mother's trooper, and forgot to grab the sun visors :thumbdown: