size really does matter

Discussion in 'Audio Tech' started by alpine_earthquakes, Apr 3, 2013.

1. alpine_earthquakes

alpine_earthquakes New Member

Its been a while since I've logged in, and very few things have changed. I did however upgrade from a 12 inch Alpine Type R, to a Type R 15. Man what a huge difference. Same phenomenal quality that has come to be expected from Alpine, but the change in the SPL spectrum is what truthfully shocked me. My 12 would make the dash vibrate but this 15 makes it shake! I bought a rinky Dink box for 20 bucks, while it does do the job, I hate it. Its poorly built. So I come to you guys, can anyone extend a hand and help me with a box design, pictures and 2 or 3D mock ups would be perfect.

Here is the goal: I would love to retain modest foot room ( I'm 5'8, wife is like 5'2 hah)
    And retain modest amount of room to recline. Jump seats have been removed, Jack assembly removed, and the plastics have been cut to make the back wall flat, minus the stupid lip below the window. I'm shooting for roughly 4cu ft, sub would ideally be inverted on top of the box to cancel sub displacement. I would like to try mu hand on a T line design.

Whew! That was a lot to type via phone, I'd really appreciate all inputs.
    additional information: 2001 Ford ranger xlt four door model.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Hey, how did this end up ?

I will be running a cheaper sub box from Sonic with a shallow 10” pioneer sub in a std cab, being 6’2”, with a 5’3” wife, it is tighter than your 5’8” in an Extended cab but I think my setup will have good results too.

What manufacturers did you use for amp, sub, wiring, anything else you used, I am in the buying mode so I need as much info as possible.

thanks