Shelby Raptor - 575 HP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrambler82, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Waste of money for what you get, but the Shelby fanboys are probably diggin it.

I don't like how "Shelby" is plastered everywhere lol.

4. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

lol yea i was just thinking they couldve done a cooler job on that lol

5. 06FordFX4

haha yeah, was a bit unimpressed at the graphics, but oh well!

6. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea lol but she'll scoot!

7. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

650 or 700 is probably just around the corner.

To me the truck looks great and would look even better in my driveway !

BUT... I don't have the extra 60K.

8. 06FordFX4

I'd rather have seen suspension upgrades rather than a supercharger, but oh well.

It's an Offroad truck, and the power it has is beyond enough to out drive the suspension capabilities Offroad.

I could care less about its street performance. If I wanted street performance, I'd get a lightning or a car.

Just my $0.02

9. OP
    Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

The suspension and the FRAME need help… but the seat of the pants kick you get with the extra power must feel good.

I think I saw the price at over 64K, WTF !

Why can’t Ford do something at a reasonable price, they need to take notes from Chrysler.

A standard Raptor is low to mid fifties, a standard F150 is still in the mid to high thirties and when you go to the Ford Site it keep trying to force you to a quad Cab and of course what they have in stock.

10. 06FordFX4

This ish ford, it's Shelby.
    All of Shelby's stuff is over priced.

The raptor on its own is actually incredibly priced for what you get. It's a great value.

And the frame doesn't need help. People driving them need help.

11. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mmm...I'd argue both need a bit of help. The main problem is the guys who have the most problems have the money to buy the truck and beat it to death before sending it to a shop for a full luxury prerunner build. Some simple bolt on parts can save a lot of damage from happening, but the parts are just fixing a weird design by Ford.

12. 06FordFX4

While all that is true, if you get down to the basics, it bends because its driven beyond its capabilities, obviously.

Simple change in driving will fix any bending issues. Don't hit 1' kickers at high speeds and you won't bend the frame haha.

The 2013's do have an extra plate in the frame where the bending occurs. So for do address the issue of people over driving it. I'd still do the kit though if I had one and planned on over driving it though. But I'd also do a full cage as well.

Honestly, it's probably a good thing the frames bent on those folks. If it hadn't, something else would have broken. Shocks/leafs in which case you're now stranded. It even worse, kick the rear up and send the truck into a roll. I'd much rather a slight frame bend with which I can still drive home with, than the other scenarios.